Late night on Saturday, union finance minister Nirmala Sita Raman announced “excise duty deduction on Fuel and ₹200 subsidy on LPG cylinder”.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the cut on excise and ₹200 subsidy for consumers purchasing LPG cylinders through the Ujjwala Yojana plan In the face of growing prices of gas and diesel, as well as cooking oil, food grains, vegetables, and other vital products, she said the revised fuel prices will ‘provide relief to the average man.
The excise tax on petrol has been reduced by ₹8 per litre, while the tax on diesel has been cut by ₹6 per litre. The measure will decrease fuel prices by ₹9.50 per litre and diesel costs by ₹7.
Prime minister Narendra Modi said ‘it is people first’ for his government – but received with scepticism by some others.
See new rates in different states:
Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, and Maharashtra are the states that have announced fuel price reductions. New are as follows;
- Delhi – Petrol Rates ₹95.91 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹89.67 per litre.
- Maharashtra – Petrol Rates ₹111.01 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹97.77 per litre.
- Uttar Pradesh – Petrol Rates ₹95.75 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹89.83 per litre.
- Tamil Nadu – Petrol Rates ₹101.35 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹93.94 per litre.
- Bengal – Petrol Rates ₹105.62 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹92.83 per litre.
- Karnataka – 101.59 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹87.79 per litre.
- Haryana – Petrol Rates ₹96.65 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹90.37 per litre.
- Uttarakhand – Petrol Rates ₹94.23 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹90.34 per litre.
- Rajasthan – Petrol Rates ₹108.53 per litre and Diesel Rates ₹93.92 per litre.
- Madhya Pradesh -Petrol Rates ₹108.64 and Diesel Rates ₹94.16 per litre.
- Goa – Petrol rates ₹97.17 and ₹Diesel 89.74 per litre