She said that Yoga which unites the people of our country will be an inspiration and motivation to unite people from different parts of the world.
She expressed her joy to join a large number of students and the public to perform yoga at the culturally rich heritage site on International Yoga Day.
A few recall yoga to be an exercise, but yoga is passed that. Yoga helps us to clear the distractions and delusions and brings clarity to the mind, the minister stated. She additionally said that yoga helps us to carry out our duties, intellectually and efficiently.
On behalf of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, who took the initiative to celebrate International Yoga Day, Education Minister Smt. Annapurna Devi extends wishers to all those concerned in yoga exercise today.
She also pointed out that yoga, which expresses the ancient culture of our country and is practiced all over the world today, is a pride to our nation.
Education Minister has performed yoga along with the Vice-Chancellor, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Prof. M. Krishnan, Dr. M. Loganathan, Director, NIFTEM, Thanjavur, S. Sridharan, Yogacharya, Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai, Dr. Ramakrishna Reddy, Superintend Archeologist, ASI and others.
What is the International Yoga day 2022 theme?
- Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in ancient India.
- The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in his UN address in 2014, had suggested the date of June 21, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
- This day also shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
The idea of an International Day of Yoga, initially proposed by Gurudeva Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , was promoted by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, throughout his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), on 27 September 2014.
Importance of Yoga
Yoga means Sanskrit: योग, lit. ‘union’ (with cosmos) which signifies a way of uniting an individual with Cosmos within the individual is a component. According to Hindu legends, Shiva is considered to be the originator of yoga.
- He is said to be the Adi Yogi, the primary yogi (Adi=” first”). Summer solstice holds significance in the yogic subculture as it is considered to be the very beginning of yoga. Yoga was brought to the people by the “Saptarishis“. The Vedas explain how Shiva’s second teaching as an Adi yogi was devoted to the Saptarishis.
- It is said that Shiva was sitting in blissful meditation for years, many people flocked to him out of interest however left as he by no means paid interest to every person.
- But seven people stayed, they have been so determined to learn from Shiva, that they sat still for 84 years.
- After this, on the day of the summer solstice, when the sun was shifting from the northern to the southern run, Shiva took notice of those 7 beings – he could no longer ignore them.
- On the next full moon, 28 days later, Shiva turned into the Adi guru (the primary trainer) and transmitted the science of yoga to the Saptarishis.
Read More – https://yoga.ayush.gov.in/