CSK and KKR are prepping up for the inaugural match on March 26 with two new captains to lead the team.
With excitement all over, the 15th edition of IPL is just one day to go. The fans are storming the internet to cheer their favourite teams and witness the first match of IPL 2022 to get underway from Saturday. Defending champions Chennai Super Kings will clash against last year’s runner-up Kolkata Knight Riders in Match 1 of TATA IPL 2022.
In yesterday’s event, MS Dhoni stood down from captaincy and handed over the baton to Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja. The decision seemed to be coming as Jadeja was retained by CSK in the first place ahead of Dhoni for INR 16 CR which had sparked speculations about him being Dhoni’s successor in future.
Sir Jadeja will be leading CSK against Shreyas Iyer’s Knights at Wankhede Stadium. CSK has an upper hand with the winning record of 17 of 26 matches against KKR and will start the season as favourites. It wouldn’t be easy for “Sir” to fit into the shoes of Thala as he will be captaining for the first time against the experienced ex Delhi Capitals captain Shreyas Iyer.
CSK vs KKR Probable Playing XI
Chennai Super Kings:
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja (c), MS Dhoni (wk), Shivam Dube, Dwayne Bravo, Rajvardhan Hangargekar/Mitchell Santner, Chris Jordan, Adam Milne
Kolkata Knight Riders:
Venkatesh Iyer, Ajinkya Rahane, Nitish Rana, Shreyas Iyer (c), Andre Russell, Sam Billings (wk), Mohammad Nabi, Sunil Narine, Tim Southee/Umesh Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
Top Picks for Fantasy XI:
- CSK captain Ravindra Jadeja will be the top choice all-rounder for a fantasy match.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Venkatesh Iyer to be key opening batters.
- Nitish Rana (as an opener/number 3) and Shreyas Iyer backing in the top-middle order.
- Windies power hitters Andre Russell and Dwayne Bravo will be backed as an all-rounder in the match.
- Sam Billings for wicket-keeper only if Sheldon Jackson is not picked in Playing XI. MS Dhoni may be out of form as a batter but you can depend on his keeping skills.
- Varun Chakravarthy, the spin magician will be amongst the top bowlers. Chris Jordan/Adam Milne could be a choice for the pacer.
Spinners will play a crucial part in tomorrow’s game therefore CSK might look for a balanced bowling option to attack with both spin and pace and therefore need someone who can pair up with Jadeja. Santner could be a safe option as he has picked wickets for CSK whenever needed in the past and has been proven as a finisher while chasing.
KKR might dominate with spinners against CSK. Only if an extra pacer is picked to attack with fast bowling, Mohammad Nabi might lose a chance of playing in the first match with Tim Southee, Shivam Mavi and Umesh Yadav in the XI. However, the pitch of Wankhede might suit spinners, chasing the target will be a good option.
Match Details for CSK vs KKR, Match 1
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Date and Time: March 26 at 7:30 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Star Sports Network and Disney+ Hotstar
Updates on Players
Moeen Ali touched Mumbai on Thursday and therefore he will miss out on the inaugural match against KKR. Deepak Chahar is injured and will remain out until further notice.
Pat Cummins and Aaron Finch to miss out on the first few matches until April 6 due to other international commitments.
Prediction of playing XI is based on the author’s understanding of the game considering the situation and team. It is subjected to risk, hence, do not rely on it completely for making your fantasy team. Study the pitch report an hour before the toss to make a better team.
Published By : Ankit Singh
Edited By : Khushi Thakur