The BJP on Saturday released the party’s “Sankalp Patra,” or promise paper, for the MCD elections in 2022.
The BJP on Saturday released the party’s “Sankalp Patra,” or promise paper, for the MCD elections in 2022. Delhi BJP President Aadesh Gupta and Union Minister Piyush Goyal cursed the Aam Aadmi Party for its publicity and corruption. But, on the other hand, it seems that the BJP is now following in the footsteps of the Aam Aadmi Party in making promises of giving freebies to voters. This step of the BJP is said to be very well calculated as PM Modi strongly opposed freebies to win elections.
MCD Pools: Free bicycle, 15% tax cut, and what else in BJP ‘Sankalp Patra’
The BJP has made a long list of promises to the people of Delhi. BJP leaders also promised to fulfill everything that they are mentioning in the Sankalp Patra in a specific time frame. All the promises done are mentioned below-
Within the first 100 days, all the services of MCD will be available on mobile phones through “the My MCD app.”
– Faceless systems will be introduced to serve MCD services.
– In two years, 100% solid waste will be recycled through the Waste to Energy Plant.
By the end of the year 2023, all the garbage dumps will be finished, and by the year 2024, all three landfill sites located inside Delhi will be finished.
Providing homes and exempting property tax, another freebie
– Under PM Uday Yojana, assistance will be given to provide houses to five lakh families.
– Two lakh families will be provided houses under the Jahan Jhuggi Wahan Makan scheme(targeting village votes).
– Map fee will not have to be paid for the construction of houses up to 100 meters.
– Properties wholly owned by women will get an additional rebate of 5% in property tax.
– Commercial properties will be given an exemption of 15% in property tax.
People sitting in weekly markets will get the benefit of online monthly registration and the Atal Bima Yojana instead of daily registration.
– Rest areas will be arranged at various places for domestic workers and also drivers with the permission of the main market, RWA societies.
– Open kiosks for washermen and cobblers and additional facilities of the electronic press will be given to washermen.
– Facility of online trade license, 15%discount in fee will be available for making trade license by April 30, every year.
MCD’s factory license will expire on April 1, 2023 (ending license Raj).
Focusing on village development in MCD pools
Phirni roads in villages will be constructed, and all MCD schools in major villages will be modernized.
– Health centers along with maternity wards will be set up in the villages.
– 50 women-run Annapurna kitchens will be set up, in which citizens will get food for five rupees.
State-of-the-art facilities will be ensured in 130 women’s health centers, and iron and vitamin tablets will be given free of charge.
There will be a provision of freecycle and monthly scholarships for higher education to meritorious girl students in class V of MCD.
– Twenty thousand will be increased in the marriage grant amount for the daughters of poor widow women.
– One lakh self-employment arrangements will be made for the local youths by implementing a food truck, night food market, and cloud kitchen policy.
All schools will have smart classrooms, CCTV networks, and Wi-Fi facilities.
Nine hospitals of the MCD, 130 women’s health centers, 123 dispensaries, and mobile health vans will be upgraded.
– Primary health dispensaries in every ward and testing centers will be set up at the zone level.
Model wards will be developed in each zone with two multilevel parking lots and a utility trench for the maintenance and repair of roads.
– Permission will be given to start a night food market on the lines of Indore.
MCD Polling is to be held on December 4 and the counting of votes on December 7
The Election Comic has scheduled polling for the MCD elections to be held on December 4, and the counting of votes will be on December 7. The elections for 250 seats in MCD will be an eye-opener for both parties. The BJP in opposition and the AAP which is ruling Delhi both want the board of MCD. The Congress Party is being less active and may be working under the radar.