With the Diwali parties coming to an end, it is now time to work on the skin for the wedding season.
11 easy ways to maintain skin after it is exposed to cosmetic products
- Deep Cleansing: Washing your face with a cleanser that suits you whether it is oily, dry, or acne-prone can play a major role in keeping your pores clean and free from grime. When asked Chandigarh-based makeup artist Zareen Bala about the side effects of makeup, she said, “Makeup settles into the skin and can even clog the pores if worn for a significant period which leads to breakouts if not cleansed well.”
- Remove makeup thoroughly: Letting the foundation stay in for a longer period of time can prevent the skin from breathing. Before going to bed at night, it is a must that all the products that have been applied to the face are removed with the help of a make-up cleaner and that the skin is clean.
According to makeup artist Zareen Bala, “Keeping the makeup on for too long can slow down the natural ability of the skin to regenerate overnight resulting in dryness of the skin. It can also severe pigmentation and change natural colour tone of your skin.”
- Hydrate yourself: Dry skin can lack luster and dehydration can lead to breakouts. Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining a healthy stomach since toxins in the gut can lead to skin issues. Therefore, whatever is eaten will have a direct impact on your skin. Having detox water with cucumber, ginger and herbs like coriander or mint can also be very helpful when it comes to cleansing the gut.
- Limit Caffeine: Coffee might dehydrate you and interfere with your sleep pattern. To achieve enough sleep, some health professionals advise reducing coffee consumption. Anything that inhibits proper sleep must be avoided at every cost. Make sure that your routine doesn’t become too hectic.
- Proper sleep for puffy eyes: A good night’s sleep is essential to preventing puffy eyes and large dark rings around the eyes. Zareen Bala usually suggests “using a cold compress on the eyes and reducing salt intake to prevent eyes from looking tired as well as swollen.”
- Moisturize: Moisturizing is essential for maintaining soft, supple skin. Applying a moisturizer before applying foundation and again after thorough cleansing and exfoliating will keep the skin supple and avoid unneeded drying.
- Let Your Skin Rest: Give your skin a day or two to recover by refraining from using any cosmetics. In order for the skin to be able to breathe properly and prevent premature aging, the pores must be allowed to open up.
- Massage: Massage increases blood flow. Gently massage the area around your eyes to give your face a glow.When asked about the benefits of massaging, Zareen Bala added, “By giving a good massage to your face regularly but with clean hands, the facial muscles tighten up as the stiffness is removed, and the blood circulation gets a boost.”
- Acne prevention: By drinking plenty of water, removing makeup on time, eating healthy food, and detoxing, those who are acne-prone can manage breakouts in a much better fashion. Also, dunking your face in ice-cold water can help in shrinking of the pores and prevent dirt from depositing.
- Cleaning of brushes and sponges: There can be many unwanted deposits of dead cells and oils on the brushes, sponges, or any other soft fiber pads with the help of which products are applied. To avoid getting any infections, it is a must to maintain hygiene and regular cleaning of brushes.
- Avoid makeup while working out: It’s important to maintain pores open when exercising to prevent sweat from getting trapped in the pores. In order for the body’s toxins to be discharged, it is essential for heat and sweat to leave the body.
No matter what season it is, maintaining a consistent dermacare regimen is essential. To preserve skin suppleness, you must have both a morning and nighttime routine. Also, before applying any new cosmetic product, a patch test is highly recommended. If there is any kind of irritation, consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Passengers are stuck as a result of the Kenya Airways Pilots Strike
- Kaczynski, Polish leader comments “Alcohol and low birth rates in women”, sparks discussion