The massive Covid rise in China is caused by the BF.7 sub-variant of Omicron, found in four cases in India. In Gujarat and Odisha, the instances first came to light. On Thursday afternoon, a high-level gathering will be led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss the Covid-19 problem and the nation’s ability to combat the threat posed by the deadly virus, which is suspected of having initially appeared in China.
After reviewing the situation and urging people to act in a Covid-appropriate manner, including donning masks in crowded locations and receiving shots, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya called the meeting the day before. According to official sources, random samples of international travelers from China and other countries will be tested at airports.
Here is a 10-Point guide to this new Covid variant:
1. The patients infected with the BF.7 and BF.12 forms of Omicron were reported in October-November, according to the Gujarat Health Department, where two cases were reported. They received treatment in home isolation and are now entirely well. The first was reported in July.
2. The Center has requested that all positive cases samples be sent to INSACOG genome sequencing facilities. In India, including all of the nation’s states and Union Territories, the INSACOG forum of the Health Ministry tracks and investigates various Covid strains.
3. A random sampling of foreign travelers for COVID-19 began today at airports across the nation. Although there is no need to fear, the Center advised people to cover themselves in busy places and stated it would continue monitoring the situation every week.
4. Currently, neither public gatherings nor tourist locations are using the protocol. After the Centre’s warning in June, masks are not required in any state. States were instructed to decide on the use of shows notwithstanding the advisory’s need for Covid-appropriate behavior to be observed.
5. Airports do not require masks, but the November caution recommended social seclusion.
6. “Covid-19 continues to exist. Everyone involved has been told to step up security and keep an eye out. We can handle any situation.” After speaking with experts and high-ranking officials, Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya made a statement.
7. There is no need for concern, as appropriate testing is being conducted, according to VK Paul, the chairman of the national task force on Covid and a member of NITI Aayog. He said that the regulations governing international air travel have yet to change.
8. 3,408 active cases have been reported, and 129 new infections have been found nationwide in the last 24 hours. One death has been reported in the previous 24 hours, bringing the total to 5,30,677.
9. After eliminating mandated safety measures like lockout and mass testing as part of its zero-Covid policy, China has been battling to control an out-of-control Covid surge. According to reports, pharmacies run out of medication while hospitals desperately attempt to handle the increased patient load.
10. Beijing city officials report five Covid-related deaths on Tuesday, up from two on Monday. Health professionals predict that the Covid mortality figures will only reflect individuals who died from respiratory failure brought on by the infection.
Covid-19 Situation in India
The need for this grows due to the recent reports of four instances of the BF.7 Omicron sub-variant in India, which is thought to be the cause of the current outbreak of infections in China. According to sources, there are currently ten different Covid-19 types in the nation, with BF.7 being the newest. Two of the Omicron subvariant’s four cases have been found in Gujarat and two in Odisha. According to PTI, both patients in Gujarat with a history of international travel have fully recovered.
The Union Health Minister urged individuals to adopt Covid-19 appropriate behavior and receive the Covid-19 vaccine. He emphasized the ongoing pandemic and urged officials to prepare for any challenges and increase surveillance.
The federal government has ordered states to ensure that the genomes of all positive cases nationwide are sequenced. The Health Ministry’s INSACOG, a group that analyses and keeps track of various coronavirus strains, has requested that all positive patients’ Covid samples be sent to its labs.
In China, Japan, South Korea, France, and the United States, there has been an alarming increase in Covid cases. The novel Omicron sub-variant BF.7, which has also been found in four Indian states, is being held responsible for the rise.
It is well known that the novel Omicron subvariant BF.7 spreads quickly and has a shorter incubation period. A sub-lineage of the Omicron variation BA.5, BF.7 is highly contagious, and has a speedier incubation time. Over the past 24 hours, the nation reported 129 new infections, 3,408 active cases and one death.