According to the UNHCR, more than 5.5 million people have fled Ukraine since the war began.
The information is mostly gathered by officials at official border crossing sites.
Civilians and infrastructure have been killed as a result of the war.
People require protection as well as humanitarian support.
What are the plans for the refugees?
Many citizens have taken sanctuary in Poland, which is only across the border.
According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, refugees are primarily heading to the following countries:
2,968,716 refugees have been taken in by Poland. Refugees going to Romania are 801,453,Russia -641,752,Hungary- 507,849,Moldova- 439,290,Slovakia- 363,940,Belarus- 24,857
What methods are people using to flee Ukraine?
- Trains are being used to leave Ukraine.
- Trains are heading for Ukraine’s border.
- They’re jam-packed, and there have been enormous traffic lines on highways leading out of the nation.
- Ukrainians have been internally displaced.
- More than two million Ukrainians have been internally displaced, according to the UN humanitarian agency.
- According to a poll done by the International Organization for Migration on 2000 people, approximately 30% came from Kyiv and more than 36% came from Ukraine’s east.
- Nearly 40% of those who had come from the north were now in western Ukraine, with less than 3% in Kyiv.
- Only 5% of the population had evacuated their homes in advance of the invasion, with the vast majority evacuating either at the start of the war or when it arrived in their area.
- According to the poll, women made up more than half of those relocated, and many of them were regarded particularly vulnerable because they were pregnant, disabled, or had been victims of abuse.
What about the internally displaced people?
For the internally displaced people, the UN has taken these actions.
- People were given cash for necessities such as food and rent.
- Food and tarpaulins for homes destroyed by shelling were among the items they transported from west to east.
- People in bomb shelters were given folding beds.
- Internally displaced persons were also welcomed and transited at these locations.
Published By : Sachin Soanwane