Here Are Some Remedies to Get Rid of That Itchiness During Your Periods
Wearing a pad can be irritating as most of us girls don’t use menstrual cups. Menstrual cups might be an excellent and itch-proof option for many, but pads are our go-to partner. We don’t feel comfortable putting a cup inside a menstrual cup is an uncomfortable option, so we go for pads.
But with our comfort comes that unwanted itchiness? But don’t worry, girls, we got you covered. Here are some remedies and good habits that will help you with vaginal itching
First, let’s see what can cause itching in your vaginal area.
Sensitivity and Allergies
1. You can be allergic to the pads you use.
2. Tampons are sometimes scented.
3. Perfume used in the soaps and deodorants can also irritate.
4. Underwear made from synthetic fibres
5. Underwear washed in harsh laundry detergents or fabric softeners
6. Lubricants used during sex can make your vagina dry
7. One can also be allergic to latex condoms
8. Spermicides can irritate down there.
Follow These Good Habits to Avoid Itching
1. Don’t use products which has substances that you are allergic to. Read the materials/ingredients used to make your vaginal hygiene products.
2. If you aren’t allergic to any material and still suffer from an itchy vagina, then try to wash it and the vaginal area more often; washing doesn’t include cleaning with soap cause using soap with varying Ph Levels causes irritation
3. Change your pad regularly. If you use a cup, don’t forget to take that off and wash it properly with water, and put it in boiling water and use it.
4. Wear cotton underwear, which is less likely to trap moisture against the skin
5. Wear panties that are loose and not so tight during your periods.
6. Use fragrance-free laundry detergent and avoid using the fabric softeners
7. Bathing in lukewarm water: Don’t use hot water directly on your vaginal areas to avoid irritation. The area around your vagina is susceptible. Try using cold or lukewarm water while taking a bath or washing it.
These are some measures that you should take when you are menstruating.
Now Let’s Talk About Some Helpful Home Remedies
1. Cut a lemon into half deep in baking soda and apply it around your vaginal area. This method helps get rid of yeast infection as well, and it can lighten your inflamed skin.
2. Apply coconut oil in case of irritation. Coconut oil is nature’s best remedy for any itchiness or irritation.
3.Eat probiotic food like: yogurt, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso
4. Get a new razor for yourself, as dull razors can aggravate the skin around your vagina, causing irritation and redness.
When to See a Doctor
1. Pain during urination or sex
2. Swelling or redness in the genital area
3. Blister in the vulva
4. Foul odour
5. Discharge that looks like cottage cheese
There are many effective home remedies for itchiness around vaginal areas, from Greek yoghurt to coconut oil. If you see any unusual symptoms, see a doctor.
Vaginal itching during a period tends to go away on its own within a few days. So, there is nothing to worry about. Taking good care of your vagina is self-care, and you should not avoid it.