The Rs 608 crores venture would be thrown open for the public after 20 months.
- Central Vista Avenue will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Security has been strengthened amidst the biggest inauguration.
The biggest construction project ‘Central Vista Avenue’ is all set to be inaugurated today (September 8, Thursday) by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The venture of Rs 608 crore was initiated on February 1, 2021.
The integration would open up the gates of the avenue for the public. Modi would be unveiling the Statue of Subhas Chandra Bose at the India Gate.
The inaugural ceremony would commence at the C-Hexagon. Several VVIPs would be attending this gigantic event.
After being closed for 20 months, the avenue will be thrown open to the general public on September 9.
Central Vista Avenue stretches from the Rashtrapati Bhavan to the India Gate. The place is proudly used for the Parde and various auspicious ceremonies which reflect the nation’s capital as well the rich infrastructure to the world.
On Saturday the redeveloped lawn that is stretched to 1.8 km was given finishing touches.
The mended lawns have been connected to the bridges. Adding to that, the Central Public Works Department (CPWD), the nodal agency for the project put together four pedestrian underpasses to provide connectivity to the lawns.
The scenic beauty of the place was exemplified by the implantation of 4,087 trees, 114 modern signage, more than 133 light poles, and the stepped gardens along the red granite walkways.
More than 900 poles are placed along the Rajpath between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and the India Gate.
PM Modi would also be inaugurating the exhibition that would showcase the before and after central vista visuals.
Recently, Rajpath and Central Vista lane has also been renamed by the Centre as Kartavya Path. This decision was bought alive in order to shred out the remnants of the British colony in the nation.
The Kartavya path would include an entire avenue and area from the Netaji Statue to the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Drone shows would also be organized from September 9 to 11 by the government. But the drones wouldn’t be allowed to enter the premises of the avenue for security purposes.
Security across the state has been beefed up by the officials. Owing to this inauguration which is a big deal for India, Delhi Police have announced to put in traffic restrictions in some parts of the city from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Visitors won’t be allowed on the path between India Gate to Man Singh Road.
The Delhi Police has further made a request to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) to issue an advisory for the government to direct Non-essential staff to work from home and to close offices after lunch.
Alap Patel (Deputy Commissioner of the Police) Traffic has requested people to avoid using private vehicles.
Two areas have been allocated for parking spaces. The capacity of the same is 500 and 300 respectively.
Various traffic restrictions imposed by the police amidst Central Vista Avenue inauguration:
- Traffic movement will be diverted from roads such as — Tilak Marg (From C-Hexagon to Bhagwan Dass Road Crossing), Purana Quila Road (From C-Hexagon to Mathura Road), Shershah Road (from C-Hexagon to Mathura Road).
- Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg (From C-Hexagon to Subramanian Bharti Marg Crossing), Pandara Road (from C-Hexagon to Subramanian Bharti Marg Crossing), Shahjahan Road (from C-Hexagon to Q-point), Akbar Road (from C-Hexagon to RoundAbout Mansingh Road), Ashoka Road (from C-Hexagon to R/A Jaswant Singh Road), it said.
- K.G Marg (from C-Hexagon to Madhav Rao Scindia Marg Crossing), Copernicus Marg (from C-Hexagon to Madhav Rao Scindia Marg Crossing) from 6 pm to 9 pm, the advisory added.
- DTC has also been requested to organise a ‘Park & Ride’ facility from the following pick-up points to C-Hexagon — Bhairon Road, Rajghat, Connaught Place and JLN Stadium.